My Blog List

Tuesday, February 3, 2009






Last week my Astronomy professor gave us an assignment for the month of February. We have to take a sunset picture everyday for a month. He is trying to show us by example how the Sun is moving more due East-West moving from the South to the North as the days are getting longer. It is getting closer to Vernal Equinox. That is the point when The Sun will rise precisely in the East and sets precisely in the West. If you notice, and I'm sure you already know, in the winter the Sun rises South of East and sets South of West, then makes it's way to the Southern most point, known as Winter Solstice, then works it's way back North of East to West, at it's most Northern point is Summer Solstice.

I have had quite a bit of help with some ideas from my cousin, that I had lost contact with for several years. She also is a photographer and has done some truly beautiful work. She doesn't give herself enough credit some times. I tell you, she has inspired me to look at things differently than I normally see them. She has helped my ideas grow into new and interesting ones. Thanks Jennifer.

I'm not sure how many days in a row I will have to tell Tracy, Emily and Jonas how much I miss them before they will come to see us. haha. Love you guys!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...we miss you too uncle Jeff. I thought I posted something on your site a few nights ago, but when I checked it again tonight, it's not showing up.

    I really love the pictures your shooting lately...the sunsets are beyond beautiful!!!!!!

    Mom said you guys might come up and see us next weekend....I hope it works out!! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see it. Maybe I missed it. I'll check it again. I can't wait to see you guys. Hopefully next weekend we all can make it down there. I think that I need a fix. I haven't been able to see you guys in what seems like forever. haha!! Thank you for the comment! They mean alot to me! Sadly these don't do justice for the real pictures. Jennifer gave me the idea to get some of them printed. If I can afford it, I would really like to get some of them done.

    ReplyDelete