My Blog List

Thursday, February 5, 2009












Once again, the sun was shinning today. I had to get out and let my imagination run-a-muck with the sun guiding me. I went to Old Ft. Hays today, which I haven't been to in quite a long time. I remember after my dad passed away, we were going through some of the things that he had kept through his life. I remember some negatives that he had taken of my mother. I don't know exactly when they were taken, but I remember that they were taken at Old Ft. Hays. I have been looking for them but can't find them anywhere.

When I looked at the one picture of the bull buffalo, my first reaction was "how many fences does it take to keep in a 'wild' animal"? You can almost see the look of domestication in his eyes.

There is a couple of pictures of this log I saw in the fire wood pile at the Fort. It was amazing to see. If you look closely, you can tell that it was two young trees that sprouted close to each other and through time, grew together. I feel that is so symbolic in life. If we choose, we can find someone close to us and grow together to make a life together. On one end of it was amazing texture. It really intrigued me as how they cut this log. You can see the distinct saw marks. All in a common direction. Almost like it was sheared in some way. You can tell that they are teeth marks from a saw, yet doesn't make sense to me. If you have any ideas or an explanation, please feel free to let me know. It really picked my brain.

3 comments:

  1. As always...more cool photos, but I have to say, I liked the background of your website better when it was black. :) Can't wait to see you next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason I changed it to white was to show more contrast. I have been trying to figure out how to put the frame around them but can't figure it out. Jennifer even tried to help me, but I just can't figure it out. If you have any ideas, please let me know. I liked it better when it was black to but I think this adds more contrast and composition to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your images. You take some awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete