My Blog List

Tuesday, July 21, 2009











Now I know what you all are thinking, looking at these pictures Jeff, you sure don't look like you're working very hard while you are on a military trip. Well, I will be honest, this year isn't that physically demanding. Everything we are doing is classroom stuff and we have the afternoons and weekend to go do what we would like. These classes do require studying and paying attention but I have to admit, they are not a class that you have to devote all of your free time to. So, what do I do when I have free time in the mountains? Play and soak up as much of nature as I can. This stream is just inside the gate when you pull off the main drive into the Fire Academy. I couldn't believe how clear this water is up here. You can see all the way to the bottom and it's at least 15-18 feet deep. It is absolutely beautiful!!! The other pictures are of the road that leads into the Fire Academy. This is my new road course for running. It's 2.5 miles from gate to gate. I ran down and back last night and then this afternoon after we got done jumping, swinging and swimming I ran back to the Academy. It is one of the most peaceful places I have ever ran, which I have to be honest, isn't that many. So easily you can get lost in your thoughts, just observing nature and soaking it up in every pore. All of you sensese are hightened to the extreme, not in a nervous way but in a way that hits your soul to the depths, makes you feel at one with everything around you and being grateful to God for every beautiful ounce of what you are experiencing. It truly is amazing. Almost undescribable....

Make you sure appreciate the wonders of the outdoors and every blessing in your life. I hope everything is going well with everyone back home. If I should not happen to come back in a month, would someone please forward my mail to North Bend, WA. I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment