My Blog List

Thursday, July 30, 2009






Well today was the last time I will wake up to the Sun shining on the mountains in Washington. I have had a great time up here being able to get out and experience the outdoors, all things considered. The mountains are always such a memorable experience. The mountains are like an old Harley. An old Harley will always get you were you want to go, but it may not get you back. The mountains hold a very near and dear place in my heart.

We all have those experiences in our lives that we will never forget. Maybe not every single detail, but how we perceived it. I remember the very first time I had the opportunity to experience the mountains. I was 14 and my uncle Gene took me on a camping trip to The Powder Horns in Colorado. I fell in Love from the very beginning. We camped in the back country for three or four days and then got a cabin in Gunnison. There are so many things that I loved from that trip and I think that maybe where I was at that point in my life is why that experience stuck with me so strongly.

Like I have said in the past, this year has been so wonderful for me. There has been so much personal growth, thanks to family, friends and people that have helped along the way. There are so many factors occurring in my life concurrently that make this such wonderful period in time.

I have been blessed with such great wonders to cross my path and am grateful for each and every one of them. The dynamic that fills my soul everyday is something I can not fully describe. Just waking up and being able to step outside and hear the birds sing and watch the Sun hitting the mountain side is so peaceful. Surrounded by pretty much nothing but nature is so serene.

I am looking forward to getting home, although it won't be for another two weeks. Whether I am in the mountains or the comfort of my own home, I have been blessed with many things. In another couple of weeks life will get to be quite hectic for me. There may come a time when I will have to go back and reread my posts from this summer and let the thoughts and memories fill my mind to be able to maintain my equilibrium. Whatever the future holds for me, I am ready and willing to accept. I am excited to see what the upcoming months bring. I have a feeling things will work out very nicely. I am at a point in my life that I am ready to face my future head on and enjoy every moment of it. I have really learned to embrace my 30's. It has been a topsy-turvy ride so far, but so worth it. I can only imagine what my 40's will have in store, but for right now, I'm really dig'n life and want to experience so much.


I hope everyone is having a great summer and enjoying everything you can. If any of you are traveling, enjoy the trip, the destination is not as important as the journey.

Life is Grand!!


(Notice in the first photo that the only two uses for the trail was hiking and Llamas. Wish I would have remembered to pack my llama for this trip.)

No comments:

Post a Comment